top of page

Production Design

Updated: Jan 11, 2021

I began by spray painting various bottles i had of my own. I then realised i loved certain colours and decided to pick specific paint colours for each world.

The whole film is about self-care and advertisements of ridiculous products, which meant i had to make sure the products looked slightly realistic and presentable. With little budget, i had to come up with a way of doing this cheaply.

By the grace of god i realised my friend's parents have a vinyl cutter. So i designed labels for each product. This wasn't as easy as it may look, it involved measuring everything to make sure the labels all fit perfectly. I printed the labels with a normal printer to make sure sizing was all correct. I also changed the fonts i wanted for each world about 20 times.

The vinyl lettering on the buttons.

Again with the low budget i had, i had to think of production design which would be minimal in terms of cost. I thought the best way to do this would be to have a simple table (the same table in each world), with a covering on top of each.

For World 2 i decided to go for astro-turf. Which i found in my brothers garage, left over from him having just re-done his garden. I stole that and spray painted it.

I decided that for the bright pink world i would use a more funky retro font. For the 'natural' world i went for a really minimal font, similar to many brands you see now who market their products as 'natural'. (Similar to Glossier!)

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page